Friday 19 October 2012

Sticky Jam cupcakes



SAM_1855

My sister hates Sticky Date pudding. In her opinion, dates are not edible. I on the other hand, love the goey delicousness that makes sticky date pudding so wonderful. When the request for cupcakes came, I knew I had a challange:

Make sticky date cupcakes- without the dates.

I decided to adapt a chocolate cake recipe, as most chocolate cakes have jam in them. If I could subtract the coco and icing suger from the recipe, I should have a sticky cupcake recipe.

So I did,

I was a little worried over the mixture colour, as grey sludge does not look like an appealing cupcake mixture. However, once the cupcakes were cooked they turned a nice brown colour.

My adaptions weren't entirely perfect (Big surprise!) as the cupcakes were super sweet. I coated them in Dark chocolate gnash, and added frozen chocolate flowers on top: Perfect!

SAM_1854

To make these cupcakes you will need:
1. 75g butter at room temperature
2.125g  caster sugar
3. 2 eggs
4. Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
5. 1/2 cup blackberry Jam (Or if blackberry isn't to your taste, another jam will work fine)
6. 1 and 1/4 sifted self-raising flour
7. 1 teaspoon sifted bicarbonate of soda
8. 2/3 cup of milk

Step 1. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Take 3 cupcake trays and fill them with patty pans.

Step 2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mix master/ or similar. Add the eggs gradually, and beat in the vanilla and jam. 

Step 3. Turn the speed down to low (1-3) and add the combined flour and bicarb soda alternatively with the milk.

Step 4. Pour the mixture into the cupcake trays and cook for 15 minutes or until brown.

Step 5. Turn the cupcakes onto a wire tray and allow to cool. Ice and eat!

SAM_1862

  P.S.I left some of the cupcakes un-iced and they were deliciously sticky!

No comments:

Post a Comment