Tuesday 28 August 2012

Cupcakes

Today I finished my cake decorations. I finally got around to making some cupcakes (See below) and whilst I may have left them in the oven to long, after cutting the overflowing edges off, they turned out rather well.

SAM_0863

I used the fondant in it's original pink colour (The recipe called for white marshmallows, but I had pink ones handy!) and rolled it out very thin. I spread this over the top of the cupcakes and used the decorations I had made previously.

SAM_0868

I still had heaps of fondant left over, even though I cut the original recipe in half. So I made some blue, green and black fondant. I made little squidgy flowers out of small balls of pink fondant with some green for the centre, and left the black fondant with some swirls in it.

SAM_0869

I'm not expecting they will last much longer; my little brother is on the cupcake prowl!

1 comment:

  1. God these cupcakes are super stunning my friend, very very cute :D

    Cheers
    CCU

    ReplyDelete