Sunday, 19 August 2012
Green Vine Flower hair piece
Today was a glorious sunny day, and what better way to enjoy it, then to sit outside in the warmth and make this cute hair piece:
To make this flower you will need:
A needle and thread, a pen, fabric scissors, enough fabric for 10 small circles, a more subtle fabric for the centre and back and a roll-on Dove deodorant lid.
1. Lay out your first fabric and draw 10 circles around the outside of the Dove deodorant lid. Cut them out neatly (The edge will be visible in the finished flower).
2. Take 5 of the circles. Fold each circle in half, then in half again. You should end up with triangular shapes like these:
Sew along the edge of each triangle.
3. Take the other 5 circles and your needle and thread. Sew around the edge of each circle on the wrong side of the fabric. Your stitches should be about 0.2 cm away from the edge.
4. Place your little finger in the centre of each circle and pull your thread tight. It should look like this:
Remove your finger, pull the string completely tight and stitch through the end of each petal.
You now have:
5. Lay your triangles and petals like this:
(With the petals on top, and the triangles underneath)
-And sew in place.
6.Add a square of your other fabric to the back, making sure it doesn't peek out around the edge of the flower. Sew in place.
7.Roll up a rectangle of the same fabric from 6 and then roll it up the other way to form a bud shape. Sew into the centre of your flower. Like so:
For extra support add clear nail polish the threads at the back.
And you're done!